Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Do I need to change my current diet to the p90x diet?

I am wondering if it is nessesary to swich from my current diet to the p90x diet as I go through the program.



I do not eat a lot of fruit and vegetables (1-2 servings a day usually of carrots and apples). I eat a lot of nuts, low-fat milk, cerials (corn flakes), wheat bread, and other grains. I do not eat concentrated sugars like cokes, juices, or desserts. I also do not eat fried foods. I eat 5-6 items a day and do not eat very large meals.



I have gotten use to this diet, I like most of the foods I am eating, they are easy to buy and pack for work, and it has worked really well for me so far. I have gotten myself into a routine where I can stick to it, lunch subway, breakfast fiber bar and so forth. I really do not want to reinvent again what I am eating and try to make all new eating habits.Do I need to change my current diet to the p90x diet?
I have done 2 rounds of P90x, dropped over 5% body fat, and gained ~10 lbs of muscle. I did not follow the diet plan either time, because I too, eat a fairly healthy diet.



The one thing I would recommend is paying attention to the guide in terms of how much protein you should be eating. Our usual habits don't end up being enough in most cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment