Saturday, February 18, 2012

Is it cheaper to eat at subway sandwiches than cooking your own meals ?

I am in school and last month I was able to survive on $200 worth of groceries. But cooking takes a lot of time. I was wondering what if I eat subway sandwiches instead? at say $5+ tax per meal. 2 meals a day. that's 60 meals * $6. That's $360.



Breakfast I would eat milk and cereal, maybe some fruits, not sure how that adds up.



Not sure about nutrition either?Is it cheaper to eat at subway sandwiches than cooking your own meals ?
I'm in school too, and although your logic and frugality is noble, try not to be too cheap! I will eat a subway sandwich from time to time, but to eat it 24/7...that's a little too much. As for me, one $5 foot long sandwich will last me two meals- 1/2 lunch and 1/2 dinner. You need to have variety in your meals! There are many other inexpensive meals you can eat that will fill you up. One of my favorites are the hamburger helper meals (many to choose from)- the box barely will feed you, but I cook up extra noodles and make a meal that will last me two days. Also, there are many dollar frozen meals that I spice up with more seasoning or a small fresh side dish. Another one of my fave quick meals is the Wendy's dollar menu... NOT MCDees b/c I am personally anti-McDees for over 20 years now.... Subway is a great meal from time to time.
home foods cheaper.. plus you get bigger portions at home, for a similliar price,,Is it cheaper to eat at subway sandwiches than cooking your own meals ?
it break even i spend 100 bucks per week
i love subway :)
I think you will get very very bored. You need to eat a variety of food and think of it as a pleasure and a fuel and not something to be had as cheap as possible. Battery eggs are cheap but the chickens suffer terribly so I buy organic and have them as a treat not an every day item. Also eat at least two fruits a day. Too many processed meats like ham, turkey slice, processed chicken slice, pastrami, bacon and salami are often high in fat and very high in sodium (salt) so should be eaten sparingly not everyday.
Subway is horrible excuse of "healthy fast food" their vegetables and meat look digusting fake. Please do yourself a favor and forget you ever considered this.

No comments:

Post a Comment