Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What do Korean eat for breakfast?

I live in Flushing New York, there are a lot Korean. I like to go to Korean restaurant for dinner and I love the food. However, sometimes when I go to work in the morning on a subway, if there are Korean sitting near me I could smell something very strong. I couldn't stand the smell and had to get up and walk away. And I know that I am not the only one smell it too... I wonder what makes that smell, I've never had any Korean food that make me smells like that. Also Korean themselves don't seem to have any problem with the smell, is there something you can block the smell???What do Korean eat for breakfast?
Im going with everyone else, and the kimchi statement.



Maybe 4-5 years ago, I lived with a korean guy who made kimchi in his room, this was back in NZ.

It really was such a strong smell, and even the vietnamese guys were complaining. Its not that they dont wash, Koreans are rather fanatic about cleanliness, its just that the smell comes out of your pores.



I myself dont notice the smell anymore, and I wonder when I meet non koreans if I have that smell? I havent smelt it quite the same as I did 5 years ago.
most of koreans do not eat breakfast, some may drink milk to eat bread.

Report Abuse

What do Korean eat for breakfast?
It's not the kimchi per se. It's all the garlic. Koreans eat tons and tons of garlic. Certain chinese do as well. That's what you're smelling. The good news is that it's great for your heart if not your nose!

Report Abuse


Kimchi? or Bean-paste soup?

Report Abuse


Yes Garlic. Chinese cabbage, salt, pepper, and garlic are the main ingredients for Kimchi, too.

Report Abuse


Korean "kimchee" is one of the finest natural health food ever and it tastes great with hot fluffy white rice. It has a strong flavour and i've no problem with the 'smell' - it's a matter of getting used to it like the "durian" fruit - now that's really aromatic!
You are referring to kimchi!! It has a strong smell. They eat it for every meal along with rice and whatever else they are eating. It is actually quite good. Spicy. But it smells horrible.
Maybe you could carry a peg around and the next time you are

offended by the smell, you could place the peg on your nose.



It's probably a pungent herb used in the cooking process, perhaps garlic mixed with another herb we are not familiar with.
It's the kimchi smell. Koreans eat it with every meal. They are crazy about it. Must admit I like it too. Didn't like it at first but got the hang of it later. And with all the bad foods going round in Korea, you need something that'll burn and take away the taste. Kimchi's just the thing to take away all your taste buds.



When I first arrived in Korea, I took a plane from Gimpo Airport to Ulsan where I was gonna start working and at first I thought that their breath must smell of the small yoghurt's the stewardesses were distributing. I later realized that it's the kimchi. Crazy, huh?



Kimchi, also known as gimchi or kimchee is a traditional Korean dish of fermented chili peppers and vegetables, usually based on Chinese cabbage.



In Korea, kimchi is a popular side dish but is also often used as an ingredient in cooking, including kimchi jjigae (kimchi soup), kimchi bokkeumbap (kimchi fried rice), and other dishes.
korean eat really spicy food . all their meals are made with extra hot pepper and a pepper red sauce that makes it really hot.

the only food that korean like is the one that makes them sweat!

plus they have that kimchi , really spicy cold cabagges that they need to eat at every meal.this makes them smell that way.
Yes probably kimchi. Can be very spicy depending on who makes it. Made from fermented cabbage usually so it does have a very pungent smell. Great tasting, I personally love it. They may think you smell funny too from whatever you eat for breakfast, so just be a little tolerant.
  • racing games online
  • country buffet
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment