Friday, March 9, 2012

Fitness Question?

I have been going to the gym now for about a month and a half. I go pretty much every day. Monday - Friday, and just do cardio on the weekends, like basketball. During that gym time I am there for about 2 - 3 hours. I do upper body for a while every other day, and cardio for the remaining time I am there. I play raquet ball for about an hour and a half with a few friends. My question is, why am I not seeing any results from the gym? Even the scale tells me I have not lost any weight, I have gained a few pounds. My diet is not bad. I guess I could eat a little more. I drink 2 cups of coffee during the day, and maybe a muffin for breakfast, and then Subway, or some dinner after I get out of the gym. I dont even see any physical change. In the gym I can tell its going well, I am stronger and my cardio has increased. Any ideas on why I am not shedding pounds, or looking slimmer?



Thanks in advance..Fitness Question?
It takes awhile for some people to see results, espcially if you just started working out. I remember when I first started, I did not see any punds off until about 2 -3 months. It sucks but then, once you start loosing, you lose a good amount.

Your workout looks great. Sooooo just patience. It takes time.
I'm sure you actually have just gained muscle and lost inches. You won't really to be able to see a great deal of change in your body but in time you will. Most of the time, you gain some weight in the beginning but then the pounds start to fall off.Fitness Question?
you have gained muscle from toning so much at the gym.
You are not losing weight because you are gaining muscle mass , which weighs more than fat. And a guy with muscles is better and more attractive, so don't know why you are complaining. You are not looking slimmer because muscles are big and so you might even look a little bigger (muscle wise)
Muscle weighs more than fat. Always make sure you eat a well balanced breakfast it is the spark plug to get you running for the day! More frequent smaller balanced meals throughout the day instead of fewer larger meals might help you see better results too. Say 5-6 small meals. Make sure you are eating healthy and not junk. For snacks which are still okay if you eat more smaller meals should be healthy like a palm full of nuts (ie almonds or pecans) or a piece of fruit, or low fat cheese or something. It sounds like you are very active. Your body may have found a comfortable weight that keeps you healthy. If you don't eat enough your body will also store all the nutrients that are consumed in case it feels starved. The body knows to protect! It will try to protect itself by storing if the energy supply is down. I think the results you have noticed already are great and I would continue to go with what you are doing. Also remember that an overweight person will see results quicker than someone who is not overweight.

No comments:

Post a Comment