Friday, March 9, 2012

Im worried about my weight.?

Im a 20 year old male born and raised in california. I only weigh 138-140 pounds, but I'm 6.2



Im tired of looking this way, when I go to the gym to bulk up I am the thinest person in the ENTIRE building and I hate it. Im under the average so I must be unhealthy hence my concern...



It is also turning into slight financial problem, I actually cant afford to keep up with my metabolism. Im eating fast food 24/7 and not retaining an ounce of it, I eat 3 times a day and snack at home a lot.



Yesterday I had a breakfast sandwich at subway, Some beef jerkey a 30 minutes later, A fried chicken burger 2 hours later and then boston market for lunch. Then I came home, continued to snack, a couple glasses of milk and had a big dinner with my parents. I woke up the next morning feeling weak and fatigued, stepped on the scale and found I lost half a pound.



wtf?Im worried about my weight.?
On average, people eating reasonable portions of balanced meals get

hungry about every three to five hours. Check the balance of foods you

eat. Refined carbohydrates like white rice, baked goods and most

crackers or pretzels are processed by the body fairly quickly. That

means that blood sugars go up and back down rapidly, tending to leave

you hungry again within two hours. Whole-grain breads and cereals are

processed more slowly and may leave you satisfied longer.

Studies show that hunger is satisfied longer when a meal or snack

includes a small amount of protein. That doesn't have to mean meat.

Protein is also found in milk, cheese, yogurt, tofu and other soy

products, eggs, nuts, seeds and dried beans.

Also, vegetables and fruits are missing from many Americans' meals,

yet they provide bulk that can help satisfy hunger.

Have you let a low fat diet get too low in fat? Fat leaves the stomach

very slowly, so a small amount of fat in a meal keeps hunger

satisfied.

Finally, consider this: Are you actually physically hungry all the

time, or do you simply feel like eating? Eating when you're not hungry

can mean that eating has become a habit for coping with boredom,

procrastination or stress. If this is the case for you, the key is to

develop ways to handle these situations without food.

If you address all these possibilities and still feel hungry all the

time, talk with your physician. Constant hunger not related to any of

these factors could be due to medication or a medical problem that

needs attention.
It is feasible to lose weight fast but you should be realistic and accept that if you lose weight rapidly then you will probably put it all back on again just as rapidly. I lost 7 pounds during the last couple of weeks when I had a special celebration to go to, and I did it by following the tips supplied on the site in the box below.Im worried about my weight.?
Lift weights, buddy, lift weights.



Take it from me, I'm built just like you. Just work your shoulders and biceps alot, even if you dont gain much weight these muscles will make you look bigger. At the gym be sure to do lots of sets with descending amounts of weight. Skinny guys tend to have lots of endurance, so you have to do lots of sets with different weights to really break down the muscle.
It may be the balance in your diet that has you fatigued. Even if you're processing food rapidly and not retaining fat because of your metabolism, things like fried chicken burgers and eating fast food 24/7 are going to make you feel bad. I don't put on much weight either but if I have fast food more than once or twice a week it does leave me feeling pretty bad.



If you really want to put on weight, you'd be best served by eating more food than most, but trying to still keep it balanced. For lean mass eat lots of chicken, tuna and so forth. Protein shakes and the like might also not be a bad idea.



Other than that, just try to enjoy it! Between 20 and 22 I went from about where you are (though I'm a bit shorter) to the point I'm at now, where I still don't get fat but I can stack an extra 10-15 pounds of muscle on my frame. So it may just be a question of waiting for your body to finish growing.
shoveling garbage in your mouth is counter productive. your wasting your time in the gym if your eating fast food all the time. eat lean proteins and eat more whole grains and carbs. you feel weak and fatigued because your diet sucks. dont trust what scales say either, they can vary between 5-15 pounds depending on what time of the day you weigh yourself and on different days.



ps- beef jerky is actually really good for you. the "jerkying" process eliminates almost all of the fat and leaves just a big piece of protein

No comments:

Post a Comment