Monday, March 12, 2012

Is this a good balanced diet?

Here is what I have been eating to lose some weight and tone up. I will put all of the food options, because I do change it up so I don't get bored. But I want to make sure this is a good "diet"....more like a change of lifestyles....



BREAKFAST

Special K cereal w/ skim milk and a banana and maybe a light smoothie

OR

Lean Pockets breakfast sausage egg and cheese w/ fruit

OR

Slim Fast shake w/ fruit



MID MORNING SNACK

Kashi bar

OR

Fat free cottage cheese

OR

Protein bar



LUNCH

Healthy request soup w/ vegetables and fruit

OR

Heathly choice meal (which usually has vegetables)

OR

Light Ham sandwhich on lite wheat bread w/ mustard, cottage cheese and yoghurt



MID-AFTERNOON

Some type of fruit and maybe yoghurt



DINNER

Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisine meal

OR

Healthy Request soup w/ vegetables

OR

Subway Ham sub on wheat w/ no cheese (no more than 400 calories)



DRINKING PLENTY OF WATER AND EXCERSISING FIRST THING IN THE MORNING.Is this a good balanced diet?
I think you're doing an admirable job; and working out first thing in the AM is the best. However, it seems like you don't cook any of your own food and only rely on pre-made stuff. I'd try and replace a lot of it with "real" foods cooked by you! You might also want to try drinking a low-carb, high protein shake before bed and after working out.
It's better than what I eat. I usually go for pizza and smirnoff.Is this a good balanced diet?
It's a very sound diet. It takes a lot of discipline an commitment to maintain such meals. It is good that you are very single-minded about this and you have taken steps to improve your overall health and physique. Just add a wide variety of fruits and veggies to it. Also, you can add tuna, salmon or any cold-water fish that is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids (healthy fats) essential for the body. Lean beef or pork is occasionally good or turkey breast. Add yogurt and fruit shakes to your meal, use splenda as sweetener. Kudos to you! welcome to the world of being fit! KEEP THE FAITH! BTW: you have to have 1 cheat day in a week, a day where you can eat anything you like, but avoid BINGING. At least, you're giving your body some slack for next week's strict diet. This is a very effective way to maintain your "clean eating" in the long term.
I have to agree that pre-made meals wouldnt be my best option. However, since you are young they might work with your lifestyle bettter. I wouldnt eat a protein bar as a snack because its full of calories and youll never lose weight with that. I like how your mid0afternoon snack includes yogurt(protein) because that should leave you more satisfied around dinner time. It is good that you have vegetables included but I would suggest trying to get a nice green salad in a few times a week. Especially with exercise because it replenishes you body and has tons great vitamens. Also many things you eat have tons of sodium (dont worry most food in America does anyway) so just remember to keep drinking that h20!!! good luck. its nice to see someone who doesnt want to acquire an eating disorder
good job!!
It sounds like you are trying to go for the long run and not a fad diet? If this were true though, you would cut out eating as much red meats and pork as possible and over time all meats. I am not a total vegetarian, I still eat fish. For the last thirteen years since I had a heart attack at 48, I decided to make my physical body and internal body healthy. I cut out red meats that over time clog up arteries and colon and destroy the liver and kidneys. I stopped eating anything that used extra salts or sugars, which eliminates most restaurant foods and store bought foods. I eat quite a bit of fresh vegetables and fresh fruits. I drink organic fruit juices and pure water. Between 6 and 8 bottles every day and I walk. I walk two to five miles every day. When I first started doing this after thirty days I lost thirty pounds and leg muscles started to show for the first time in my memory. If you do this forever, you will not only look healthy, be sick less, have more energy, more stamina, more mental acuity than almost everyone around you, but you will also have friends nagging you to tell them your anti-aging secrets when you are well past middle age. Good luck and keep being healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment