Friday, March 9, 2012

I need help with my eating problem?

I love food and love to eat, but for some reason I can just never get myself to eat. My #1 problem is money. We don't have very much and when we do I always feel guilty about spending it on food. It's so expensive! I mean, for a weeks worth of groceries and to get enough stuff for 7 meals(just dinner) costs about $75, at least! I don't know how to cook very much and what little I do know how to cook is kinda complicated. I like to eat pasta, tuna, rice, and other simple stuff and I would be happy with meals like that, but then my husband complains about having the same thing or having simple stuff. Not to mention that he hates my #1 favorite meal: pasta and soup. I mean it's simple and filling, who wouldn't like it?!





Anyways, I am 5' 4" and the last time I weighed myself(about 2 months ago, while wearing jeans and a sweater) I weighed 108, so I figure I probably weigh about 105. When I got married 2 years ago I was healthy and weighed 125lbs. I was perfectly happy and just wanted to work out my booty a bit to get it smaller cause my husband kept making fun of me for having a big butt. :( Well, I used to eat at least 2 meals a day and usually ate 3: breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Now I am lucky if I eat 1. I have been trying to go to subway whenever possible so I could eat a foot-long sub and at least have one hearty, healthy meal a day, but because of money issues I have not been able to do that very often. Also, our car keeps breaking down so now we only have 1 car and my husband takes it to work By the time he gets home he doesn't want to go to the store and so I'm stuck with nothing to eat. Right now all I have in my house is pasta w/o sauce, some canned tuna, but no veggies for it, some peanut butter, some marshmallow fluff, frozen pork chops, a can of corn, some hot dogs(no buns), and some tortillas. I hate this! MY husband gets to go to work every day(I'm a stay at home wife) and buy food and he's always gaining weight(he's about 5'10" and weighs over 200 lbs, since getting married he's done nothing but GAIN weight!) and I'm stuck at home with nothing to eat and no car or money to buy anything to eat!





My husband is always getting mad at me and saying how I look anorexic and how I'm too skinny. He says I need to eat more and it's all my fault I'm so skinny. He tells me I need to see a doctor and how I'm never going to be able to have children because I don't eat enough. I'm always crying because of how depressed I am from being underweight and sick looking and becuase I really want to have kids, but I can't because I'm too damn skinny.





Please somebody help! I cry all the time becuase of this problem, but I just don't know what to do! I mean, what do I do when I'm too damn poor to want to waste money on food! I obviously have some type of sick mental problem(so my husband tells me)!|||Wow! Yours is a tough, sad story. Eating should be your #1 priority when it comes to money. Your husband is gaining weight because he's eating donuts and snacks all day at work. And a lot of people just don't like soup, especially as a main part of a meal. I hope you have insurance through your husband's work. You have to buy healthy foods with lots of calories for you during the day. You can live on granola and healthy high calorie cereals. Kashi makes some great ones. They have them in WalMart Superstores. If you have a "Trader Joe's", their cereals are inexpensive and healthy. Does your husband have an anger management problem? He shouldn't be yelling at you. He should be on your side, and trying to help you. Are you allowed to get a job, like waitressing (the best $$-tips!) or is he so controlling he won't allow you to? I'm not here to ever break up marriages, but it sounds like there are no children involved. Do you want to spend the rest of your life being ridiculed by this jerk? Try to sit him down for a quiet, adult conversation. You might need couple's therapy, he might need anger management classes, and you might just need a divorce. (And you'd get plenty of alimony) He's abusing you emotionally, and only you know if he's abusing you physically. If so, call the cops the next time he hits you. I think you are chronically depressed, and today there are great anti-depressant medications that work. You need to see a doctor, and tell him EVERYTHING, so he can decide what med is best for you, and if you need to lose this guy before you have kids. I could go on and on, but I think I've said enough. I have your name. E-mail me if you need to. I wish you the best of luck- you need it. I know what I'm talking about. Your husband's insurance should pay for your doctor. Please get help.|||First of all, get rid of your husband. He seems like a real idiot. And, if you're that short on money for food...go to a local foodbank. They should be able to help you. Work on yourself before you even attempt to gain weight. You wont be able to do anything until you're comfortable with yourself. Learn to love yourself for the way you are.|||You can't spend too much on food if you are dropping weight like that. You need to spend a lot more money on food or go to a nutritionist and ask what you can do for food that is good for you, cheap, and is not low in calories, or maybe you can go to the store and check it out for yourself. Also, tell your husband about the problem of not having enough money and not having transportation and how it is making you lose weight if you haven't told him already.|||your husband sounds insensitive. he could be the reason for all of this. especially how he makes you feel bad for having a big butt, buying food, and now being "too skinny" andd "anorexic".|||Well, I don't know if they have a Salvation Army where you live. They have one here, in Coshocton, Ohio. If you are low on money and food, they should give you something. I am not sure if it is free or not, but if it isn't free, it is definetely cheap! Or, you could consider getting a job, since you don't have any kids to take care of yet. Then once you are "the right weight to have kids" maybe then you could quit. This is quite a question, and I am only 13, so I am trying to answer you question as good as I can. I hope this helps.|||It sounds like your husband is on the abusive side with all the name calling and criticizing. Make him take you shopping if you can't drive yourself after he gets home from work. If you don't start eating, you will die, period. I'm sorry to be brutal, but you have to start looking out for yourself a little better. If you won't defend yourself and make sure there is healthy food in the house not only won't you be able to have kids, you shouldn't because kids NEED to eat right to develop right. I really hope that things will get better for you. It is easy to look up cheap, health meals you can make. Good luck.|||Get rid of your husband he sounds like an asshole. and you can never waste money on food as long as it is meal food and not junk food snacks. just shop wisely and bike places instead of using the money on 3.80 a gallon gas.|||Wow, I think you have an abusive, unloving husband. Seriously. If he is at work, why are you not working too, especially if you are so poor? Is he the type that thinks you shouldn't work? If so, he's not only abusive, but controlling. There is NO reason why you can't get a job to help contribute, and to have something for YOU, including groceries for crying out loud. If you are so poor that you don't have enough to eat, then it's time to look into some food stamps. If you don't qualify for that, then the money is going somewhere else besides food. I'm guessing your husband controls the money too, right? If I'm right....get out, now. Go stay with family or friends until you can get a job of your own, then a car, and then a life of your own. I"m sorry you are with someone who puts you down so much and is so controlling and hateful :(|||First, you seem to blame your depression on your weight, but probably the weight is a symptom of the depression.





If you are looking to have kids, you may want to get a part-time job. If you live in a city you can probably find someplace you can bus to. You seem to like subway -- work their and eat even cheaper.





You need to speak to a counselor. If you cannot afford one, try a local minister -- even if you don't belong to a church they are often helpful caring individuals.





About the food. $75 seems like a lot. You may be purchasing "easy to make" foods. Sometimes you can save quite a bit of money by purchasing a bunch of fruits and vegetables.





Try creating a meal plan for the week. 2 meals at least that you like, and 2 of his favorite meals. Then plan what you need to purchase and see if there is a way you can do groceries once a week on the same day. And you can drive the car if your husband doesn't want to go. You may even want to suggest that he ride with a friend once a week and leave you the car -- or you can drive him to work once a week and use the car.





I would love to talk to you more. If you click on my picture, you should be able to e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment