Monday, March 12, 2012

What could be wrong with my right tire? I went over a curb and hit a column...?

This morning I stopped at Subway to get a breakfast sandwhich on my way to work. Pulling into the parking space I accidentally hit the gas instead of the break. I tried to stop the car but still managed to smack the stone column that was part of the strip center. I now have a small hole on my front bumper by the license plate and a couple scraps on the bumper. It isn't big at all and is actually pretty small. However, now my right tire is making a weird grinding sound when I have to turn the wheels sharply (i.e. when I have to pull into a parking space or back out) What kind of damage could there be? It doesn't seem out of alignment and it drives pretty normally otherwise. But the tire did have to go up on the curb when I smacked the column...



I have a 2002 Suzuki XL-7



Thanks for your helpWhat could be wrong with my right tire? I went over a curb and hit a column...?
Realize that you've had an accident with your car. Then the first thing to do is call your car insurance agent. He won't bite you! He will schedule a free shop inspection to determine any damages to your car. You can then decide whether to repair it under your insurance coverage or do what ever else you choose to do. You've been paying for insurance coverage so why not take advantage of it?
You might have bent a part of your suspension out of alignment or damaged your right half-shaft/CV joints. You need to take it to a mechanic and get a quote. If the quote is larger than your deductible, then you should contact your insurance company to file a claim.What could be wrong with my right tire? I went over a curb and hit a column...?
Probably bent your upper control arm, rim and definately knocked your front end out of alignment.

Your tire is fine.
  • raw food recipes
  • national tire and battery
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment