Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'm a college student and I'm always hungry!?

I'm a college student and so I'm trying so hard to eat healthy. I've lost weight but I'm sitting in the cafeteria after I've eaten a meal and I'm still hungry! Even if I eat more my appetite is not suppressed. Help!

This is what I usually eat (or try to at least):

Breakfast- raisen bran with milk, yogurt

Lunch- big salad with lots of vegetables

Dinner- Subway sandwich

Work out

Snack at night- apple and orangeI'm a college student and I'm always hungry!?
You are definitely not getting enough protein. You need to start eating foods with lots of protein (fish, eggs -- if you're 'that' type of vegetarian) nuts, soy, tofu, peanut butter, etc. Salads are good, but you need more fiber; you need to eat more fibrous fruit and veggies in order to get a full feeling. You have no appreciable level of grains in your diet either.

You're hungry because most of the foods you are eating are easily digestible. Proteins such as those in meat take a long time to digest; thus, you are sated for a longer period. I'm not saying you have to start eating meat but you definitely need to talk with a nutritionist (call student health and see if they can help you) or grab a book on the vegetarian lifestyle and read up on how to stay healthy and vege at the same time.I'm a college student and I'm always hungry!?
eat some protein with lunch like almonds and walnuts. drink more water because sometimes your just thirsty. mayb eat more smaller meals throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment