Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Just started a diet. Any advice to curb cravings?

I started an exercise regimen and am eating only Special K for breakfast and a 6 in Subway sub for both lunch and supper. This was quite a step for me considering I am a chocolate addict and used to eat whatever I want almost constantly. My appetite is voracious and any day I think I'm going to quit my diet! Help! (I'm not much of a fruit person so snacking on fruit isn't for me)Just started a diet. Any advice to curb cravings?
Eat more fiber (either through foods or supplements-there are powder and pill forms). Fiber helps curb appetite, just start taking/eating high fiber foods slowly. Also try green tea, I am using a green tea supplement that also contains hoodia and other natural hunger suppresants (bought it at walmart, so far I like it). Drink plenty of water. Sounds to me like you need to consume more protein. Special K is ok for you, but I would suggest Kashi cereals as they have more fiber-if you don't like bran type cereals that much, mix it with the special K. And Subway can be decent for you, but I wouldn't be eating it daily. Maybe like once a week. Instead, try to grill chicken or fish (you can use one of those george foreman type grills), and have that with a salad or other veggies. Vary how you flavor your meat by experimenting with different low fat/cal dressings, and seasonings. My diet that I have been doing for two weeks has been Kashi cereal or zone bar and protein shake for breakfast, lean cuisine/zone/south beach diet entree and a protein shake for lunch, and grilled meat w/ veggies for dinner. And an occasional Skinny cow ice cream. I have lost a total of 6lbs in two weeks, but I need to excercise more (I have only walked 1 mile two days out of the 2 weeks that I have been doing this, but I plan to walk today!).



Edit: For a quick and easy way to stop hunger when you aren't around food, or are cooking is to eat raw nuts, they contain fiber that will get you full untill you can eat lunch/dinner. My mom keeps some in her car along with carrying her water bottle daily. If you want to talk or get more ideas, email me.
What you should do is buy soluble fiber and put it in your breakfast every morning. Fiber keeps you full all day long. Also if you have 35 grams of fiber every day, you will lose 2 extra pounds at the end of the month. Good luck!Just started a diet. Any advice to curb cravings?
More detail would be helpful BUT. Low carbing is the way to go. Try the wraps at subway they are awesome.
Something that can keep you off snacking, and eating altogether is GUM! If you are chewing GUM, you are less likely to want a snack, because you are already chewing on something. Try it...good luck!
i feel you girl, i just started a diet too and i'm horrible at diets but i'm convinced this one is going to stick. first off, dont eat the same thing every day, your going to get bored! go to the store, buy some lean cuisines, soups, salads. take time and look around and look at labels! you'll find good stuff to eat that is still healthy. and buy healthy snacks... jello, low fat yogurt. try pudding to help with your chocolate cravings! good luck! e-mail me if you want to talk!
start smoking...then when you hit your target weight and have developed the habit needed to maintain the weight, then quit smoking..ta- DAH!







I'm kidding
You are damaging that beautiful body of yours. You need to eat a well balanced diet consisting of breads, dairies, fruit %26amp; vegtables. Consult food health guides for a very large list of items that you can eat. Just eat less of them.
I take it you're working on your own diet and not someone elses', that you are making up your own?

I know what you mean about chocolate, I love it too and have had to learn to limit when I can have it!

First of all you should be doing some kind of exercise, because you will lose weight twice as fast and keep it off. If you find something that you like doing, you'll want to go do it.

Special K is not enough, if you eat like this you will find yourself wanting something in-between meals. Altho you aren't a "fruit person" find some that you like and have some in-between meals. They're super good for you and your body needs them desperately! Veggies too.

Go to Bellybytes.com and check it out, this is a great site for foods and what they do for you, healthy foods and not so healthy foods. I think you'll like it. Also Sparkpeople.com is a great fitness site, I'm not crazy about the recipes but their fitness info is great. These two sites are good.

Your appetite will calm down after your system gets used to not eating all the time whatever it wants! You will need some things to munch on in-between meals, Bellybytes can help you there. Subways are great, be sure to get the wheat breads and stay away from the mayo!

No comments:

Post a Comment